Active Server Pages (ASP) is a server side scripting technology, which can be used to easily build dynamic web pages. Our Windows 2003 servers run Internet Information Server (IIS) 6, offering full support for ASP version 3.
Our servers support ASP Scripts written in VBScript, Jscript and PerlScript, the server default is VBScript. In order for the server to parse the file as an ASP script it must have the extension .asp. Your default pages can be called index.asp or default.asp.
All ASP components included as standard with IIS 6 including CDOSYS are available. In addition, the following components are also available:
- CDONTS (version 6)
- Jmail (version 4.2) (Documentation)
- AspEmail (version 18.104.22.168) (Documentation)
- AspUpload (version 22.214.171.124) (Documentation)
- AspJpeg (version 1.3) (Documentation)
- AspPDF (version 1.1) (Documentation)
- ABCpdf (version 3.0) (Documentation)
- AspTear (version 1.5) (Documentation)
- DIWhoIs (version 1.1) (Documentation)
- HSBC Payment Gateway (Documentation)
- Protx Payment Gateway (Documentation)
If you would like additional commercially available components registered on your server we can normally meet this requirement provided you reimburse or contribute to any licensing costs incurred and we feel that the component will benefit other users, please contact us for more information.
Components written by yourself cannot be installed on the server.
Debugging ASP Scripts
Our servers are configured to send detailed error messages to the browser window, these error messages can be used to identify errors in your ASP code. In order to see these error messages you may need to turn off your web browser’s internal error handling. For example, in Internet Explorer, this can be accomplished via the Advanced tab of the Internet Options menu.
Notes On ASP Scripts
Please note that chat/IRC, web proxy and mailing list scripts are not allowed on our network under any circumstances. See our Acceptable Use Policy for more information.